Makers Air is committed to your safety.
Updated Travel Protocols
Makers Air remains committed to providing the safest, most reliable air service to the Out Islands of the Bahamas.
Beginning NOVEMBER 1, 2020:
The Government has removed the “Vacation-in-Place” (VIP) protocols effective November 1, 2020.
All persons traveling to the Bahamas must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (nasal swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel. The day you take your test is considered “Day One”.
Children 10 years old and younger are exempt from testing. However, you still must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them.
All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs
For the duration of the visit, Visitors will complete a daily online health questionnaire for symptom tracking purposes.
Beginning November 14th, Trip Interruption Health Insurance will be mandatory. This will be included in the cost of the Health Travel Visa.
There will be a cost applied for the Health Travel Visa. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test when applicable as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
$40 – Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 – Citizens and Returning Residents
$60 – Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE – Children 10 and Under
If Visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
This test will be available in all Out Island Destinations (example: Staniel Cay Yacht Club will be offering the 5th day test to Hotel and Marina Guests, as well as travelers in the area).
The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.
***If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team***
(242) 502-0829 firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation. All of us at Makers Air look forward to making your next Out Island experience the most memorable one yet!
- Day 5 Testing at Staniel Cay Yacht Club
- Updated Check-In Procedures at Makers Air
- Makers Air Travel Reschedule Form
- Travel Health Card Registration
PRE-FLIGHT RT-PCR TESTING LOCATIONS:
- Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory – Makers Air passengers are eligible for 15% off the cost of test, with results often available within 24 hours! Click HERE for more details.
- Instant Medical Care, Ft. Lauderdale954-200-6001 (call prior to confirm they have the RT PCR test available – results within one hour)
- LabDoctor, Ft. Lauderdale (can often return test results in 24 hours)
- COVID-19 PCR Testing at CVS
- COVID-19 PCR Testing at Walgreens
- Mail Order Testing
- Broward County Testing
- Miami Dade County Testing
- Monroe County Testing
- Palm Beach County Testing