SHIPPING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions must be approved before you can set up a freight shipment with Makers Air. Contact the Freight Department at 954.771.0330 to arrange a shipment.
All freight will be shipped on a “space available” basis and is subject to size and weight limitations.
- “Regular” shipments: 5-7 day delivery window
- $2.00 per pound with a $35.00 minimum per shipment
- “Express” shipments: 2-3 day delivery window
- $2.50 per pound with a $50.00 minimum per shipment
- Does not guarantee same-day service
- “Priority Rush” shipments: 1-2 day delivery window
- $3.50 per pound with a $65.00 minimum
- Does not guarantee same-day service
- All “Priority Rush” shipments MUST be at our facility by 11:30 am for inclusion on our 1:00 pm flights and by 3:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for inclusion on our 7:00 am flights.
- “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments (upon availability)
- If available, you may purchase “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery”, which guarantees your freight shipment will be sent on a specific flight.
- Up to 100 lbs., $300 (Jan 1 – Nov 30)
- Up to 100 lbs., $400 (December)
- All “Guaranteed Cargo Delivery” shipments MUST be at our facility by 11:30 am for inclusion on our 1:00 pm flights and by 3:30 pm THE DAY PRIOR for inclusion on our 7:00 am flights.
1. Makers Air Contract With You: These terms and conditions, are all the terms of the contract between you (the sender of the shipment) and us. When you tender a shipment to us, you accept our terms for you, and for anyone else who has a legal interest in the shipment. Our terms and conditions also protect anyone with whom we may contract to collect, transport, or deliver your shipment.
2. What “Shipment” Means: A shipment means all allowable contents that travel under one Air Waybill (Shipping Label), not just any single document or item included in a shipment. You certify that the shipment details are complete and accurate.
3. Your Obligations: You warrant that each article in the shipment is properly described on this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) and any accompanying documents, acceptable for transport by us, and properly marked, addressed, and packed to ensure safe transportation with ordinary care in handling. You are responsible for all charges, including postage, and possible surcharges, Customs and duties assessments including fees related to our prepayment of the same, governmental penalties and fines, taxes, and our attorney fees and legal costs, related to this shipment.
4. Prohibited Contents: We do not accept as a shipment anything that is considered a restricted article or hazardous material as defined by the Department of Transportation (DOT), or dangerous goods as defined by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) or the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), or certain other items listed in the Service Guide or International Mail Manual (IMM), such as cash or cash equivalents. If an item is considered hazardous material, we can have these items packaged and labeled for you at an additional cost.
5. Customs: You are responsible for and warrant your compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including but not limited to Customs laws; import, export, and re-export laws; and governmental regulations of any country to, from, though, or over which your shipment may be carried. You agree to furnish such information and complete and attach to this Air Waybill (Shipping Label) such documents as are necessary to comply with such laws, rules, and regulations. We assume no liability to you or any other person for any losses or expenses due to your failure to comply with this provision.
6. Authorization to ship: We are not a storage company and do not require a customer’s authorization to prepare items for shipment. Each customer will be assigned a bin for their packages. Packages are prepared for shipment at our discretion based upon whichever occurs first: the customer’s bin reaches max capacity OR they request items for shipment. Once an invoice has been created and emailed to the customer for payment, we will not alter to add or combine other deliveries to the invoice.
7. Late Fees: Any items that are in our hanger after 30 days due to failure to pay applicable shipping costs or incomplete information will be subject to a $5/day late fee. After 90 days if lack of payment and/or information still prevents shipment we reserve the right to discard such parcels. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide timely, accurate and complete information so that packages can be shipped expeditiously.
8. Payment: All shipping invoices must be paid in full prior to shipment – no exceptions.
9. Loss or Damage: We are a freight forwarding company, we are not responsible for any lost or damaged items. We do not inspect items for damage or see if they are complete upon receipt at our hangar.
10. Delayed Shipments: We will make our best effort to deliver your shipment according to our regular delivery schedules. We cannot guarantee any specific date for delivery.
11. Right to Inspect: We have the right to open and inspect all packages before shipment
12. Correct Labels: All shipping labels must include your first and last name and final destination in the Bahamas. Packages received with no name will be returned to the sender.