Escape to paradise with Makers Air, the go-to airline for daily flights to Staniel Cay, The Bahamas. Our mission is to provide a seamless and unforgettable flying experience that connects passengers to tropical bliss. Whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, we’ve got you covered with reliable and convenient flights to this stunning destination. When you step onto one of our planes, you’ll feel the excitement and anticipation of a journey to one of the most beautiful places on earth. Let Makers Air take you there and create lasting memories on your next getaway.
Have you been dreaming of a tropical getaway to escape the hustle and bustle of city life? Look no further than Stella Maris, Long Island Bahamas, a pristine destination known for its turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and breathtaking sea views. A direct flight from Fort Lauderdale on Makers Air will take you to paradise where you can experience an array of exciting vacation adventures and explore all that this hidden gem has to offer. Get ready to unwind, relax, and rejuvenate in the Bahamian wonderland!
When it comes to lodging options on Long Island Bahamas you will be spoiled for choice. From luxury villas and beachfront cottages to charming inns and hotels, there is something for every taste and budget. You can enjoy ocean views or lush greenery while being surrounded by the island’s natural beauty. Many of these accommodations feature top-notch amenities such as swimming pools, spas, gourmet restaurants, and water sports.
56′ Luxury Catamaran Yacht Charter
All-Inclusive with 3 Crew
Experience a full-service private yacht charter vacation like no other. With everything included (captain, chef, first mate, gourmet food, alcohol, fuel, watersports, etc), this is the ultimate way to experience the Exuma Islands. Let Makers Air transport you to a luxury sailing vacation that is completely tailor-made to your needs. Whether you want do a week charter, or just do a day charter, we promise you will arrive as friends, and leave as family.
Contact Staniel Cay Yacht Club for Yacht Charters Request Information
The unspoiled ecological wonder of Long Island offers a perfect backdrop for outdoor excursions and explorations. From scuba diving over the world-famous Dean’s Blue Hole to fishing in the deep-sea waters that are teeming with marine life, there are plenty of breathtaking outdoor activities available. The island also caters to those who prefer to stay on land, with options such as birdwatching, hiking, and kayaking to explore its breathtaking landscapes. You can rent a car or bike to get around and discover secluded spots on the island.
Culture and History:
Long Island’s rich history and culture are fascinating for travelers of all ages. It is the birthplace of the celebrated American actor and playwright Sidney Poitier and has historical sites such as the Monument dedicated to Christopher Columbus during his first landfall in the New World in October 1492. The Salt Industry Museum, the Father Jerome Hawes Flight 19 Memorial, and several local artisan and craft vendors are other must-visits.
Long Island offers a variety of dining options , where you can indulge in a luxurious massage or get pampered with a range of spa treatments. The restaurants offer authentic Bahamian cuisine and fresh seafood that will satisfy your taste buds. Beach bars and grills also cater to the casual dining crowd.
Experience the wonder of Dean’s Blue Hole – the world’s second deepest blue hole located on Long Island in the Bahamas. Plunge into the crystal-clear waters that reach a mind-blowing depth of over 663 feet. Marvel at the captivating circular shape of this natural wonder as it sits enchantingly encircled by a vibrant coral reef.
Discover an underground adventure like no other at Hamilton’s Cave in Long Island, Bahamas. This extensive cave system, managed by Leonard Cartwright and his family, offers a glimpse into the fascinating history of the Arawak Indian Tribe. With artifacts, stunning rock formations, and bats, this experience is not to be missed.
Immerse yourself in nature as you take a short hike through tropical vegetation to reach the cave entrance. Prepare for a bit of a crawl as you maneuver through a narrow passage before entering the majestic chambers. Marvel at the cathedral-like room with its soaring 50-foot high ceiling.
Hamilton’s Cave is a must-visit attraction on Long Island, drawing tourists from all around the world. Choose between a self-guided tour or join a guided tour led by the knowledgeable Cartwright family members. Admission is $15 for adults and $8 for children. Book your reservation now by calling (242) 337-0235 or (242) 472-1796.
Embark on an extraordinary underground adventure today!
Discover the rich history and vibrant culture of Long Island at the Long Island Museum. As part of the esteemed National Museum of The Bahamas, our mission is to preserve and celebrate the captivating heritage of this stunning island for Bahamians, visitors, and future generations.
Step back in time as you explore our fascinating exhibits, offering a glimpse into the customs and traditions of Long Island. From the charming homesteads of yesteryear, complete with thatched roofs and oil lamps, to unique artifacts like goose irons, tureens, and washboards, our museum brings history to life.
Don’t forget to stop by our delightful gift shop, where you can take a piece of Long Island home with you. Discover authentic souvenirs and treasures that capture the spirit of this remarkable place.
Experience the magic of Long Island through our captivating museum. Join us on a journey that will leave you inspired and enthralled.
Watch the nurse sharks feed at the fish bench at SCYC! The local fishermen will gladly let you toss scraps to the almost dog-like sharks who cruise through the area. Compass Cay, a 15 minute skiff ride away also has a crew of nurse sharks and bonefish who would love to see you! They are used to human contact and have rough skin, much like an elephant or rhino. You can swim with them!
Attractions aside, Staniel Cay has tons to offer when it comes to adventure. Some of the fun activities to do here include:
Don’t be fooled by the small and unimpressive look of the Thunderball Grotto. When you dive into the water, you’ll move into another dimension. You’ll get to experience the uniquely beautiful corals and fish species as the sun’s rays illuminate the crystal-clear water. This will probably be the most memorable snorkeling experience you’ll ever have.
Your trip to Exuma Cays won’t be complete without a swim with the pigs. Yes, you read that right!
Pig Beach is populated by a colony of feral pigs that gracefully spend most of their day in the water. The pigs are friendly and will swim to your boat for you to feed them. So, remember to carry some snacks.
Staniel Cay Yacht Club is at the heart of all the action. Enjoy scenic views, island cocktails, and fresh from the water seafood and conch salad.
If you are looking for something a bit off the path with island flair and a touch of mainland refinement, then you don’t want to miss a stopover at SCYC.
Staniel Cay Adventures offers many types of adventures including sightseeing to the original and now famous Staniel Cay swimming pigs. Swim with the sharks at Compass Cay, hand-feeding turtles at Farmers Cay, and snorkeling on an old drug plane & natural aquarium in the land and sea park.
The Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park has possibly the best waters for private boating. Stretching 22 miles from Wax Cay to Conch Cay, the park is brimming with spectacular coral reefs, mysterious caves, a wide variety of marine animals, and magnificent sea gardens.
Dubbed “The Garden of Eden,” the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park boasts serene beaches, numerous islets, endless cays, and safe anchorages. Whichever part you explore, expect to see a variety of tropical birds. And if you’re lucky enough, you might see the endangered Bahamian rock iguana
Warderick Wells or Hawksbill Cay is a great place for hiking. Here, you can feast your eyes on the ruins of the 18th-century Loyalist settlements.
For the best hiking experience, tour the archipelago between sunrise and sunset. Be sure to bring some water, as there are no facilities near the area.
If you enjoy hiking, this deep blue lagoon is the spot for you. The trail is both challenging and rewarding thanks to the breathtaking sights from the top of the cliffs.
Underneath the waters of the Rudder Cut Cay is a sculpture of a mermaid near a piano on the sandy ocean floor. You can only see this magnificent masterpiece via snorkeling.
Would you like to see some wildlife during your vacation in the Bahamas? Check out Allen Cay in the Exumas. The island is home to a host of marine wildlife, including iguanas.
This intriguing underwater plane wreck in Staniel Cay is believed to be a drug smuggler’s plane that crashed during Pablo Escobar’s reign. While diving to see the ruins, you can catch a glimpse of the stunning coral reef and fish species.
The most convenient way to visit all these places in the Exumas is to rent a boat.
What is Makers Air?
Makers Air (FAA Certificate number N5CA865Y) is a certificated On-Demand / Commuter Air Carrier and holds Economic Authority issued by The Department of Transportation. All flights provided by Makers Air are conducted in accordance with 14 CFR Part 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations
We have been in business since 2002 with our base of operations at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. We offer both private charters and scheduled service, as well as freight service, to numerous destinations in the Bahamas.
How do I confirm my tickets to Staniel Cay?
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and payment in full are required to secure tickets. Reservations may be made directly online at our website, MakersAir.com, or by calling (954) 771-0330. Makers Air accepts American Express, MasterCard, and Visa. You will receive a confirmation itinerary via email for all tickets and charters.
What Form of Payments Do You Accept?
The preferred form of payment is a credit card. We take MasterCard, VISA, Discover, and American Express.
Any freight invoices that go unpaid after 30 days will be subject to late charges.
Are all the taxes and fees included in the quoted price?
On all scheduled service fares, the price on your itinerary includes all applicable taxes and fees. However, extra baggage charges, if applicable, are NOT included in this price. On private charters, certain landing fees, customs overtime fees, etc. may not be included in the quoted price. This will depend on the specific charter details (time, destination, etc.) which will be explained by our Charter Coordinator to you.
I need to change my ticket. What is your policy and how do I make this change?
Makers Air understands that plans change sometimes! Should your travel plans change, simply complete a Makers Air Travel Reschedule Form. Your change fee will be waived for changes made at least 14 days prior to your original departure date. For changes made within 14 days, please see below for fees:
- $75 per passenger for changes made 8 to 13 days prior to departure
- $100 per passenger for changes made 2 to 7 days prior to departure
- $150 per passenger for changes made up to 8 hours prior to departure
- If changes made inside of 8 hours of departure, customer forfeits ticket
I need to cancel my ticket. What is your policy and how do I cancel?
Should you need to cancel your trip completely, please complete a Makers Air Travel Reschedule Form. A travel voucher will be issued to you. This voucher is valid for travel within 12 months and cancellation fees will apply, as outlined below.
- No change/cancellation fee for changes/cancellations made at least 14 days prior to departure
- $75 per passenger for changes/cancellations made 8 to 13 days prior to departure
- $100 per passenger for changes/cancellations made 2 to 7 days prior to departure
- $150 per passenger for changes/cancellations made up to 8 hours prior to departure
- If changes/cancellations made inside of 8 hours of departure, customer forfeits ticket
Regarding your travel voucher: Extensions beyond one year are not possible. Passengers who do not notify Makers Air in writing at least 8 hours in advance of their scheduled departure forfeit their right to a voucher for future travel. Notification to Makers Air must be made via this form. Phone calls or voicemails will not be accepted. All tickets are non-refundable as outlined on your ticket confirmation.
Can a minor travel unaccompanied?
Yes, a minor can travel unaccompanied as long as they have a notarized permission letter with both parents signatures on it. Additionally, a copy of this notarized letter must be emailed to our Reservations team at least 24 hours in advance at email@example.com.
Can I bring my pet?
Pets are welcome to fly with us as long as we are notified AT THE TIME OF BOOKING and all other rules and regulations are followed. You must also have the proper pet permitting required by the Bahamas Government. Due to regulations, you must call the office, before booking your flight, at 954-771-0330 to confirm that there is space available on your flight for your pet. The minimum pet fee is $35 or $2.00 per pound, whichever is greater. The “per pound” pet charge will include the crate’s weight or “carrier.” Pet must remain confined to an FAA-approved carrier for the duration of the flight. Please note that while in our lobby, all pets must remain in their crate or on their leash.
If you are traveling aboard our private charter aircraft (N633AH), only one pet up to 10 lbs is allowed and must remain confined to an FAA-approved carrier for the duration of the flight.
What is your baggage policy?
Each ticketed passenger (with the exception of lap babies) may check up to 40lbs of baggage at no charge. This 40lbs is inclusive of your personal items such as handbag, laptop bags, etc. as well. Excess baggage beyond 40 lbs will be charged an Excess Baggage Fee of $1.75 per pound and is not guaranteed to make the flight unless a Guaranteed Cargo Delivery block was purchased at least 24 hours in advance.
If you anticipate having excess baggage that must travel with you, please contact our Freight Department at Freight@makersair.com a minimum of 48 hours in advance to discuss your options. Please note that all items, including any items that fly unaccompanied, passenger excess luggage and Guaranteed Cargo Delivery, are subject to duty and must have receipts and invoices for all items contained within. You are responsible for payment of duty,VAT and any other applicable fees.
How do I get to Makers Air for my flight?
Makers Air is located at 2331 NW 55th Court, Hangar 19, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.
Approximate drive time to Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) – 20 minutes.
Approximate drive time to Miami International Airport (MIA) – 35-45 minutes.
Approximate drive time to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) – 35-45 minutes
From I-95: Take the Commercial Blvd exit (#32) and head west approximately 2 miles to NW 21st avenue. Make a right turn on NW 21st avenue and follow the road about three quarters of a mile.
From the Turnpike: Take the Commercial Blvd exit (#62) and head east approximately 3 miles to NW 21st avenue. Make a left turn on NW 21st avenue and follow the road about three quarters of a mile.
We are located on the right-hand side of the road in hangar #19. You will see a sign above the bay door that says Makers Air. The office and lobby are located on the left side of the building. Makers Air provides complimentary valet parking for our passengers.
I’m flying into FLL, MIA or PBI airport. How can I get from there to Makers Air?
There are many options for transportation to our hanger – car service, rental cars, Uber, Lyft, and taxis. Please feel free to contact our Reservations team should you desire further information.
How early do I need to arrive at the airport?
All passengers must arrive and check-in a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Please note that flights may depart up to 30 minutes earlier than scheduled departure time.
Can I park at Makers Air?
Makers Air strongly encourages passengers to utilize Uber or other ride-share services as parking is extremely limited. Should it be necessary to bring your own car, Makers Air does provide valet parking for our passengers. Self parking is not available. Makers Air is not responsible for any damage or theft to vehicles or their contents. Please note that parking is unsecured and there is no security. Long-term parking is not allowed.
I need to book a connecting flight. How much time do you recommend I give myself?
We recommend giving yourself a minimum of a 3 hour buffer between connecting flights if leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale International airport and a 4-hour buffer if leaving out of Miami International airport. This buffer is to account for any delays at US customs, any possible delays due to inclement weather, any travel time between airports, or any other unforeseen delays that could arise. Makers Air is not responsible for costs incurred by the Passenger (hotel, missed connections, etc.) due to any delays because of weather, mechanical issues, customs and immigration delays, or any other reason beyond our reasonable control. Trip Insurance will protect against such events and is strongly encouraged. Please contact a reputable travel insurance agency to protect your travel investment.
Are there any nearby hotels in Fort Lauderdale that offer a discount if I fly with Makers Air?
Yes! Makers Air passengers receive exclusive benefits at various local establishments. Click here to view!
Bahamas Travel Resources
- Bahamas COVID-19 Webpage
- Effective September 22, 2022, all COVID restrictions have been lifted in the Bahamas. No COVID tests are needed to enter the country, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Helpful Travel Links
- Makers Air Travel Reschedule Form
- Travel Health Card Registration
- Video Tutorial – How to Apply for a Travel Health Visa to the Bahamas
Am I allowed to bring fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, or eggs into the Bahamas?
Notice of Agricultural Permits Requirements
No passenger may bring fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy, poultry, eggs, flowers or plants without an Agriculture Permit issued to them by the government of the Bahamas. Passenger must apply and pay for permit a minimum of 72 hours prior to departure. Bahamas customs has the right to open and inspect all baggage, coolers, boxes and other passenger belongings. Items may be confiscated by Bahamas Customs without proper permitting. Please click here for further information and permitting paperwork.
Can I bring my fishing poles with me to Staniel Cay?
Can I bring alcohol or cigarettes into the Bahamas?
Bahamian Law allows Duty Free (into the Bahamas):
$100 total of duty-free items to visitors
- 1 qt. of liquor OR 1 qt. of wine OR 1 6-pack of beer
- 200 cigarettes OR 50 cigars
- NO FRUITS OR VEGETABLES
How do I travel with a drone to Staniel Cay?
General Rules for Flying a Drone in the Bahamas
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in the Bahamas.
- A permit is required for all drone use in the Bahamas. See the section below for more information.
- You must register your drone to fly in the Bahamas. The registration portal can be found here.
- Do not fly within 50 ft. of any person, building, or vehicle not associated with the drone’s operation
- Do not fly over or within 150 meters of any congested or populated area.
- Do not fly higher than 400 ft.
- Do not fly within 5 nautical miles of any airport.
- Do not fly over private property unless you have consent from the property owner.
- Do not fly over military installations, nature reserves, or areas labeled a “no drone zone.”
- Do not fly at night or in bad weather conditions with low visibility.
Freight Duties and Levies
The average duty is 45% of the total landed value ($ value of item + any insurance premium + ALL shipping costs) of your items. However, a few common items are either free or somewhat less. Duty will be collected at the port-of-entry for all parcels being shipped to: Chub Cay, Great Harbour Cay, North Eleuthera, Rock Sound, San Andros, Fresh Creek, Congo Town, Cat Island. You, the shipper, are responsible for being aware of and paying for, all duties and levies applicable to your package.
NOTE: If a parcel contains a repair/replacement part for a vessel, and you submit a valid cruising permit to us at time of delivery, you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. However, not all replacement parts fall under this condition, so please contact the freight department with any questions.
If a parcel contains building materials (materials used in the structure of building), you may only be subject to entry and processing fees. Please visit www.bahamas.gov.bs for information on duties, exemptions, levies, VAT, etc.
Will US Customs allow me to bring back shells, fish, driftwood, etc back into the United States?
Fruits, meats (including pork products of any kind), plants, or vegetables are not allowed to be brought back into the United States, even if they were originally purchased in the US.
Coral, sea fans and/or driftwood are not allowed to be brought back into the United States.
Some shells may be permissible, if they were washed with bleach.
Conch/Fish: 10lbs per person is permissible
Lobster: 6 lobster per person is permissible (must be more than 6 inches in length)
If you are carrying in excess of $10,000 in any monetary form, you are required to declare this to United States customs.
What Are The Special Handling Charges?
Special handling charges may apply on exceptionally bulky or heavy items, repackaging, storage, Hazmat, forklift, domestic shipping, etc. Storage fees will apply to parcels left at our facility for over 1 week without contact or shipment information.
You may ship perishable items. Perishable items always fly at the Priority Rush Rate as we cannot store them. All deliveries of perishable items should be individually coordinated with our Freight Department to ensure prompt and expedited delivery.
How Do I Register for a Click2Clear account?
Thank you for reaching out to the Makers Air Freight Department! We will respond to you shortly. In the meantime, we are excited to announce that Makers Air is fully compliant with the new Click2Clear program implemented by the Bahamas Government. It is mandatory that anyone (Bahamian or US residents) that ship items into the Bahamas be registered online for this new system.
It is extremely important to note that your name on the Click2Clear account must exactly match the name on your packages. If this name is different from your previous shipments with us, it is vital that you update your Makers Air account with the valid name as soon as possible in order to avoid any delays or fines attached to your shipments.
Can I ship freight to the Staniel Cay Bahamas?
In order for your unaccompanied parcel to be shipped to Staniel Cay, you must register with Click2Clear. We are unable to ship anything for you without this registration. Additionally, we will need your receipt(s) for the items we are sending. This is required for customs – both U.S. Customs at departure and Bahamas Customs upon arrival. When you place an order, please ask the supplier to include an invoice/receipt and contact information for the recipient. Please note that you are responsible for payment of all duties, levies, and required broker fees. All packages shipped to Staniel Cay MUST include:
- Invoice with total monetary value (item $, tax $, shipping $)
- Cruising Permit (if applicable)
- Recipient Contact Information (phone, email)
Where do we clear U.S. Customs & Immigration?
Upon your return to the U.S., the aircraft will taxi immediately to the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol offices at 5301 East Perimeter Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309. All items must be removed from the aircraft and each passenger is responsible for his/her own bags. Please stay with your pilot during this process and do not leave the building until instructed to do so. PLEASE NOTE: No mobile phone use is allowed for phone calls or texting while you are in the Customs building.
Flight Terms and and Conditions
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions under which Nealco Air Charters Services, Inc. d.b.a. Makers Air with offices at 2331 NW 55th Court, Hangar 19, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, (henceforth “Operator”, “us”, “we”) in return for payment in the amount indicated as the total cost for airfare, agrees to provide you (“Passenger”, “you”, “your”) with air transportation services.
By purchasing your Makers Air ticket, you acknowledge your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
- RESPONSIBILITY:Operator provides air transportation services only and is therefore responsible only for the Passenger’s flight. The Operator does not offer or provide any other services. Please note: Exposure to COVID-19 or other illnesses is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. While Makers Air conducts extensive health and safety protocols, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your travel. If you purchase other services (hotel, rental car, etc.) in connection with your flight, those other services are the responsibility of the provider of those services and/or their agent(s). Neither the Operator, nor its agents, servants, employees, management, owners or your travel agent, assumes any responsibility for any claim, cause of action, injuries, losses or damages arising from the acts or omissions of any third parties involved with your flight, or quarantine, disturbances, government restrictions or regulations, damage, delay of baggage or other property, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, loss of pay, disappointment, mechanical breakdown, government actions, strike, lockouts, war, terrorism, weather, acts of God, force majeure, or other factors of causes beyond our control.
- INSURANCE: The Operator recommends trip cancellation, health, and accident insurance. This important protection can save you money if you are forced to cancel or alter your trip. As indicated herein (Section 5, “Itinerary Changes and Cancelations”), all tickets are non-refundable. We strongly encourage all passengers to contact a reputable travel insurance agency to protect their travel investment.
- AIR CARRIERS AND AIRCRAFT:The Passenger is flying on a flight operated by Nealco Air Charter Services, Inc. d.b.a Makers Air, a Certificated On-Demand and Commuter Air Carrier holding economic authority from The Department of Transportation and operating under 14 CFR Part 135 (FAA Certificate # N5CA865Y). All Flights operated by Makers Air will be performed using a Cessna Grand Caravan (208-B) aircraft with 9 passenger seats. However, the operator, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to change the aircraft type or capacity, or the air carrier performing a given flight. The Passenger is not guaranteed a particular plane or non-stop service. If a substitution of aircraft becomes necessary, Makers Air will make best efforts to provide substitute service at comparable departure times, subject to operational constraints. No refunds or compensation will be given for such substitutions or changes. Makers Air is not responsible for costs incurred by the Passenger (hotel, missed connections, etc.) due to any delays because of weather, mechanical issues, customs and immigration delays, and any other reason beyond our reasonable control. Trip Insurance will protect against such events and is available via numerous third parties if desired.
The origin and destination cities for each flight leg, the dates and times of the outbound and return flights, and the amount and terms for payment will be printed on the ticket.
- Airfare:The airfare amount quoted to Passenger includes air transportation and all applicable taxes, government imposed user fees, and any other applicable fees for the itinerary booked with Makers Air. This price varies based on destination and other factors, however the total and complete price will be the price printed on your ticket and approved by you prior to making payment. Passenger is responsible for all incidental expenses (including excess baggage charges detailed below). No refund will be made for services included in the ticket price which Passenger chooses not to use.
- RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT:Full payment and acceptance of this Agreement are required to secure tickets. Reservations may be made directly online at our website www.MakersAir.com or by calling (954) 771-0330. Passenger has a right to request a copy of this Agreement prior to making payment. For bookings made by calling (954) 771-0330 or via our website, Makers Air accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
- ITINERARY CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS:The right to a refund if the Passenger changes or cancels a reservation is limited. ALL PAYMENTS (i.e. “Tickets”) ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Reservations may be changed or cancelled up to 8 hours prior to departure with a change fee. Change fees are as follows:
- No change fee for changes made 14 days prior to departure
- $75 per passenger for changes made 8 to 13 days prior to departure
- $100 per passenger for changes made 2 to 7 days prior to departure
- $150 per passenger for changes made up to 8 hours prior to departure.
- If changes made within 8 hours of departure, customer forfeits ticket.
The particular flight or flights will then be flagged in our system and credit must be used within 12 months of the date of cancellation. The net amount of the credit will remain in escrow until it is either used or expires. Upon expiration (12 months), all monies are forfeited by the Passenger. Extensions beyond one year are not possible. Passengers who do not notify Makers Air at least 8 hours in advance of their cancellation or change request for a future flight voucher forfeit their right to credit for future travel. Changes and cancellations can only be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing a Travel Reschedule Form. The time stamp on your email or submission form to us must reflect the 24-hour cutoff or no credit will be preserved. All changes must be submitted via the above two choices: a voice message left to this effect is not sufficient. No credit will be issued for a cancellation or schedule change made within 24 hours of departure time. In this instance, the entire airfare price is forfeited.
- FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE AND BAGGAGE POLICIES:Each ticketed passenger may check up to 40 lbs. of baggage, inclusive of personal items such as handbags, laptop bags, etc. Anything over 40 lbs. will be charged an Excess Baggage Fee of $1.75 per pound and it is not guaranteed to make your flight. Please note that excess baggage can be accepted on a space-available basis only, as determined by Makers Air on the date of travel. If you anticipate having an excess weight of 40 lbs. per person, please contact Freight@makersair.comso we may speak with you about your options. It is important to note that any items that fly unaccompanied (including passenger excess luggage and guaranteed cargo delivery) are subject to duty and must have receipts and invoices attached. You are responsible for the payment of duty. Any applicable Excess Baggage Fees are required to be paid at check-in, prior to boarding the plane. All checked and carry-on baggage must have outside baggage tags for identification.
- PETS:Makers Air will transport a pet at a minimum fee of $35 or $2.00 per pound, whichever is greater. Pet must remain confined to an FAA-approved carrier for the duration of the flight. The passenger may provide their own crate or rent one from Makers Air for a fee of $25 each way. All pets must obtain a permit from the Department of Agriculture in the Bahamas before entering the Bahamas. Their phone number is 242-325-7502 or 7509. This process can take up to two weeks so please plan appropriately. To re-enter the United States, pet owners are required to provide a current rabies vaccination. Verification of documentation will be required prior to boarding the aircraft.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY FOR BAGGAGE:Makers Air assumes NO LIABILITY for any items left by a Passenger in the passenger compartment of the aircraft. Makers Air is not liable under any circumstance for loss or damage to money, jewelry, collector’s items, silverware, furs, artistic items such as paintings, clocks and watches, negotiable papers or securities, business documents, eyeglasses, cameras, electronic or computer equipment, photographic equipment, medications, mechanical, recreational, or sporting equipment, items made of paper, perishable items, x-ray items and other light-sensitive materials; toys, infant seats, strollers or other similar valuable items included in a Passenger’s checked or unchecked baggage with or without knowledge of the carrier. Makers Air is not responsible for damage to luggage arising from normal wear and tear of ordinary handling, including scratches, scuffs, puncture, stains, and marks. Makers Air assumes no liability whatsoever for damaged or loss of baggage.
- AIRPORT CHECK-IN: All Passengers must check-in for a flight no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.Passengers will not receive refunds for missed flights. All passengers must have a valid Passport in their possession upon check-in. Flights close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and passengers who show up after this deadline forfeit their seat. No refunds or credit is given in the instance where a passenger shows up after the 20-minute cutoff and cannot board the flight. This is considered a “no show” and no refunds will be given.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS:All Passengers must have a valid passport to travel to and from the United States. WITHOUT THIS IDENTIFICATION, YOU WILL BE DENIED BOARDING AND WILL NOT BE GIVEN A REFUND. A driver’s license and birth certificate are no longer sufficient for traveling to and from the Bahamas. Citizens of non-US countries may have additional entry requirements for both the US and the Bahamas. The Passenger is responsible to determine and obtain proper travel documentation such as visas, passports, and notarized authorizations. For more information on U.S. entry requirements, please visit www.travel.state.gov or www.dhs.gov. Please consult the Consulate of the Passenger’s international destination for further information on their entry requirements. For all destinations, infants and children traveling without both parents must have a notarized letter from the parent(s) not traveling, a death certificate, or the original court document specifying sole custody. No refunds will be made if improper documentation results in denied boarding or entry. For all Makers Air flights, a government-issued Passport is mandatory for all persons.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE:Makers Air is committed to quality service. In the unlikely event that you have cause for dissatisfaction during your flight, please call 954-771-0330to discuss the issue with a Customer Service Representative.
- GENERAL:The rights and remedies made available under this Agreement are in addition to any of the rights and remedies available under Florida law. Further, in the interest of clarity and for the avoidance of any doubt, the Passenger agrees that all rights, remedies, and privileges available to Makers Air under this Agreement shall also apply to and act for the benefit of our owners, agents, servants, employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, or other third party service providers that Makers Air may retain or engage to provide services on behalf of Makers Air under this Agreement. The acceptance of a refund, or alternative travel arrangements, as provided for in this Agreement shall constitute a full and final settlement and release of all other claims or remedies against Makers Air. By executing this Agreement, the Passenger specifically acknowledges and consents to all conditions set forth herein. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and completely supersedes any prior arrangements or representations of Makers Air, verbal or in writing. This Agreement can only be amended in writing and must be signed by both parties. Any oral representations or modifications shall have no force or effect. Florida state law shall govern this Agreement. Any claim against Makers Air must be presented in writing within ten days of the date of the Passenger’s return flight. Makers Air is not liable for any claims presented after ten-day period.
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: With the acceptance of this agreement, the passenger acknowledges that they have been informed about the requirements for the transport of items being classified as “Hazardous Materials” as well as exceptions and exemptions as outlined in various publications, including 49 CFR 175.10 and/or a descriptive publication by the FAA such as are published for all kinds of Lithium batteries. These publications may not always represent the latest status; it is therefore suggested that the passenger contact Makers Air for any kind of question in relation to passenger obligations and Hazardous Materials in checked or carry-on luggage and/or cargo/freight. If – during the course of a random inspection – non-compliant items are discovered, these items will be withdrawn from air transportation until they are made compliant with regulations. Once withdrawn, the passenger has the option to not ship these items or to have them processed into a compliant form with corresponding charges to the passenger.
- Bahamas Entry Requirements
- US Entry Requirements
- Covid Travel Information
- Ground Transportation
- Parking at Makers Air? Makers Air provides complimentary valet services for our passengers. Simply pull into the Makers Air lot and one of our friendly valet attendants will assist you. Self-parking is not available. Makers Air is not responsible for vehicles or their contents. Please note long term parking is no longer available.
- How to get to Makers Air Fort Lauderdale hangar:Makers Air is located at 2331 NW 55th Court, Hangar 19, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.Approximate drive time to Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) – 20 minutes.Approximate drive time to Miami International Airport (MIA) – 35-45 minutes.Approximate drive time to Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) – 35-45 minutesFrom I-95: Take the Commercial Blvd exit (#32) and head west approximately 2 miles to NW 21st avenue. Make a right turn on NW 21st avenue and follow the road about three quarters of a mile.From the Turnpike: Take the Commercial Blvd exit (#62) and head east approximately 3 miles to NW 21st avenue. Make a left turn on NW 21st avenue and follow the road about three quarters of a mile.We are located on the right-hand side of the road in hangar #19. You will see a sign above the bay door that says Makers Air. The office and lobby are located on the left side of the building. Makers Air provides complimentary valet parking for our passengers.
- Flight Specials & Packages
Makers Air is the premier airline with daily flights to Staniel Cay. Our goal is to connect passengers to paradise, crafting a flight experience that brings reliable, memorable and convenient getaways to our customers.
Looking for a tropical vacation spot to blow off some steam after months of work? Try the taking a flight to Staniel Cay in the Exuma Cays Bahamas!
With over 365 islands, you could take a year’s vacation and explore one island each day. You’ll never run out of fun things to do. Even better, Makers Air offers you convenient and safe direct flights to the Exuma Cays.