Makers Air remains committed to providing the safest, most reliable air service to the Out Islands of the Bahamas.
Those traveling to The Bahamas from outside of the country will be subject to the following entrance guidelines. Please visit this link for the most up to date guidelines.
All fully vaccinated travelers wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
There are no changes to the testing requirements for unvaccinated persons wishing to enter The Bahamas. All persons, who are 12 years and older and who are unvaccinated, will still be required to obtain a RT-PCR Test, with a negative result, taken within five days of arrival into The Bahamas.
Children and Infants
All children, between the ages of 2 and 11, wishing to enter The Bahamas will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
**All children, under the age of 2, are exempt from any testing requirements.
• Proof of full vaccination will be required, such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card.
• The Bahamas Government (Bahamas Ministry of Health) will only accept vaccinations by Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca at this time.
– To be considered fully vaccinated, persons must meet these qualifications: Both doses of Moderna, Pfizer, or AstraZeneca vaccine plus 14-day immunization period since the last dose or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine plus 14-day immunization period since the last dose.
• All persons not fully vaccinated must obtain a negative COVID 19 RT-PCR (nasal swab) test taken no more than five (5) days prior to travel. The day you take your test is considered “Day Zero”.
• Children 2-11 years old and are required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas and must apply for a Travel Health Visa for them under the profile of their Parent or Guardian.
• Children under 2 years of age are exempt from all testing requirements.
• All Travelers will be required to apply for a Bahamas Health Travel Visa at travel.gov.bs regardless of vaccination status.
• The Travel Health Visa fees are listed below. The fees are inclusive of the Day 5 Rapid Antigen Test (when applicable) as well as mandatory Trip Interruption Health Insurance.
• A Bahamas Travel Health Visa will be valid for six (6) months for vaccinated travellers, allowing for multiple trips on one visa.
$40 – Visitors Staying up to four nights and five days
$40 – Non-Vaccinated Citizens and Returning Residents
$10 – Vaccinated Citizens and Residents of the Bahamas
$60 – Non-Vaccinated Visitors staying more than four nights
FREE – Children 10 and Under
• If non-vaccinated Visitors stay beyond 4 nights and 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test will be required.
• This test will be available in all Out Island Destinations (example: Staniel Cay Yacht Club will be offering the 5th day test to Hotel and Marina Guests, as well as travelers in the area).
• The wearing of masks and social distancing guidelines remain in effect.
*** If assistance is needed through the Health Visa process, please contact the Health Visa Compliance Team at (242) 502-0829 or email@example.com ***
TRAVELING FROM THE BAHAMAS TO THE US: **updated April 22nd, 2021**
• All Travelers, two (2) years of age or older, returning to the US from the Bahamas will be required to produce a negative Rapid Antigen Test no more than three days prior to travel, regardless of vaccination status.
• All Makers Air passengers are REQUIRED to upload their negative Rapid Antigen Test results 48 hours prior to their departure flight back to the US. Passengers who do not provide this will be denied boarding.
• The current Bahamas Travel Health Visa includes your departure rapid antigen test, which can be obtained at numerous locations throughout the Bahamas.
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this fluid situation. All of us at Makers Air look forward to making your next Out Island experience the most memorable one yet!
Stay Tuned for Updates!
- Day 5 Testing at Staniel Cay Yacht Club
- Updated Check-In Procedures at Makers Air
- Makers Air Travel Reschedule Form
- Travel Health Card Registration
- Video Tutorial – How to Apply for a Travel Health Visa to the Bahamas
PRE-FLIGHT RT-PCR TESTING LOCATIONS:
- Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory – Makers Air passengers are eligible for 15% off the cost of test, with results often available within 24 hours! Click HERE for more details.
- Instant Medical Care, Ft. Lauderdale
954-200-6001 (call prior to confirm they have the RT PCR test available – results within one hour)
- LabDoctor, Ft. Lauderdale (can often return test results in 24 hours)
- COVID-19 PCR Testing at CVS
- COVID-19 PCR Testing at Walgreens
- Mail Order Testing
- Broward County Testing
- Miami Dade County Testing
- Monroe County Testing
- Palm Beach County Testing
Great Harbour Cay
Makers Air is the premier charter airline with daily Bahamas flights. Our goal is to connect passengers to paradise, crafting a flight experience that brings reliable, memorable and convenient getaways to our customers.